Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The Big Dogs

Since the term "Big Dogs" seems to be used quite loosely today, I figured I'd comment on how my own day with the Big Dogs of Ontario went. On Stubby's advice, we took his boat out on his special lake. (Yes, Dad, his secret lake - be jealous.) I will not name this lake in fear that I'd get the crap kicked out of me by a Ukranian man.

Anyway, the day started out glorious.


We took off in the 16 foot vessel and went through some small creeks to get to the lake of our desires. I was put in the front to watch for rocks...but when the water was considered deep enough, Stubby cut that boat through there like a prize winning sports car.



We got out there and the old man had to put on his bait.



And along the way, I realized just how hardcore these big dogs that I have been running with really are. Look at this wild bunch.



We all caught our limit of Walleye, 2 for me, 2 for Grandpa, 4 for Stubby, and 4 for Eddie. Also, we managed to catch two nice Perch which Grandpa forced into the basket whether Stubby liked it or not. At the end of our fishing day, we cut the motor and just sat in the middle of the lake to eat our lunch.



It was a good day for me and the Big Dogs I run with.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my! I can't even imagine how many perch have lost their lives because of the Ukranian man! Love that first picture. Wow!

megawatt miler said...

i love seeing your pictures!

JP said...

Holy crap... I just saw the little bunny foo foo rock.

jporterGOP said...

glad to know you were paying attention

Unknown said...

Are you still alive?