Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Standing on the Edge of A Cliff

...and looking down.

That's how I feel tonight. At 10:00 AM tomorrow, I will start perhaps the biggest chapter of my life thus far. Tomorrow is the day in which after 18 years, I leave home. Granted, it's only about 20 miles, but still. Words cannot describe that feeling. I'm in a state of awe to know that my life will never be the same come 10 AM. How can 11 hours separate such a big moment in someone's life? Don't get me wrong - I'm not regretting it in any way, shape, or form. I am extremely excited about this. I've been waiting for this moment for the past month. Ever since baseball got over with I was ready to go to college. Now that it's on the horizon, I'm ready to eat it up.

5 comments:

carriegel said...

i am so excited for you! i know you will do great things with your life. you make us all proud. ;-)

Unknown said...

I remember when I was left a tech for he first time. I was standing outside Wads watching mom and grandma W. drive off. I can remember thinking "It is to late to change your mind now." It was one of those surreal moments in life that changes your life forever.

Oh last thing said to me was by grandma W: "You make sure you write."

Anonymous said...

I'm excited for you too! Everyone should have the college experience.

megawatt miler said...

i remember driving out of town when i was on my way to move to school. it was scary, but exciting!

carriegel said...

and less than three weeks later, after a few tears, from her, we turned around on the tollway one night after a nd football game and brought her home for the weekend. ah, memories.

now grandma would say, "make sure you blog". ha.