Saturday, August 8, 2009

Too heavy, too light, too black or too white, too wrong or too right...

So in my semi-sheltered life I've never been to a real concert.

Yes, I realize I haven't blogged in months.

Back to my story.

So in my semi-sheltered life I've never been to a real concert. So when the Labadie Pig Gig came to town and two bands I really like were headlining the main concert, I decided I couldn't pass up the opportunity.

If you don't know what the Pig Gig is, it's a huge BBQ festival that they do in Bay City every year. I know that my Aunt sampled some of the ribs, and I had some of the ribs and brisket. I made a poor choice, though, because mine was not that impressive.

Anyway, so we went over to the concert to find that Sponge was just starting. They sing one of my favorite songs ever, so here it is.




This is the picture I got with my phone.



The lead singer was a riot. The whole band was very professional and fun to watch. They weren't as exciting as I had hoped with their non-radio music, but still pretty quality.

The next band definitely stole the show.

Seven Mary Three is a grunge, or post-grunge band that has two huge singles on the radio. It wouldn't surprise me if you've heard one or both of them before. But maybe not.

This is typically their biggest song, called Water's Edge (my favorite)

I know the video is shoddy, but the good one had the embedding disabled.



Their most popular song in this area is called Cumbersome. This is the acoustic version, which isn't as good, but it's the best video I could find.



All in all it was a phenomenal show. This is the picture I got of Seven Mary Three.




I would say that Sponge has my favorite song out of the two bands, but Seven Mary Three was definitely more entertaining. They were just awesome live. I had a good time and some decent food. I will definitely be making it back to the Pig Gig next year.

2 comments:

JP said...

I havvvve becommmme... cumbersommmme...

carriegel said...

Would it surprise you that I haven't heard of any of those bands? Sounds like you had a good time. I going to be seeing Foreigner next month. Now that is exciting!